Windows 8 in the field, how to lock down
Posted on 2013-01-26
Hi we are looking to deploy some Windows 8 tablets to our field staff to use the following
- Basic Email/Calendar (Using inbuilt mail/calendar apps)
- Filtereted Internet Access
- Remote desktop access via our gateway (using the inbuilt tool mstsc)
- Basic Office apps (word, excel)
As this is for some of our outdoor guys, it needs to be locked down to avoid any possible resource abuse.
I am needing to perform the following
1) Lockdown the OS (In the form of a local group policy that dosnt apply to the admin acc) have the metro bar locked down
2) Maintain the computers (Thinking of Windows Intune for this)
3) Route all internet through a filtered proxy of some sort (OpenDNS with Dynamic IP client) or throught Sophos (we are a sophos house) using their external web client filter
4) Have a form of remote access to the machines (we will use our existing logmein for this)
So, seeking your advise/thoughts on the first three challenges?
Id like to configure my reference VM, then capture it