I have a situation where one of my member servers is having an issue logging into the domain. This has just started happening. I have removed the server from the domain and rejoined but that hasn't fixed the problem.
1. This is a Windows 2008 native domain.
2. This server used to be a domain controller several months ago but has been demoted and operating as a member server successfully since (even after many reboots)
3. Rejoining the domain did not produce any errors on the server. The account was verified as recreated in AD. (it had to be removed manually after the client unjoined)
4. When I run 'set logonserver' the correct domain controller is listed correctly.
5. When I try to run the logon script manually from the netlogon share I get the error:
" CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory. UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory"
6. Member server is Windows 2003 SP2
7. No other clients are experiencing this issue.