Recent Firefox plugin updates forced us to download Adobe Reader XI to view PDFs in the browser. This is creating a problem for us on some websites as we also have Adobe Acrobat X installed for all users. Some websites won't display correctly unless we change the default programs for PDFs back to Reader. Simply having Reader open doesn't help "trick" it.
What I'm needing help with is either creating a batch file (maybe with ASSOC or FTYPE comands)...or even just exporting & reimporting registry keys to make this easier & quicker for the user to change.
I tried setting the default app to Acrobat, exporting the registry key for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pdf then changing the default app to Reader & exported the same key...hoping that all we'd have to do is double click one or the other to toggle the default app...but I don't see a difference in the 2 exported keys when viewing them in Notepad & it doesn't appear to be working.
We're currently using Windows 7 Pro.