I'm trying to figure out how does Backup Exec 2012 and a HP MSL4048 with LTO-4 backup tapes work together (if they are supposed to) as far as encryption.
1. I have a HP MSL4048 Tape Library that uses LTO-4 backup tapes.
2. I have implemented the MSL LTO-4 Encryption Kit on the Tape Library with a primary key server token and a backup key server token.
3. I did some test backups and restore backups in Backup Exec 2012 to see if encryption from the Tape Library mentioned above would prompt me for a password. The job was successful in each case but I was not prompted for any encryption password.
4. Does Backup Exec 2012 and HP MSL4048 Tape Library supposed to work together as far as encryption?
5. I do not have encryption setup in Backup Exec 2012. Do I need to setup encryption on Backup Exec as well?
6. In this scenario is it just that encryption is supposed to be setup on both ends (Backup Exec and the MSL4048 Tape Library to protect both ends?
Just trying to piece this all together. Thanks in advance.