ftp issue - windows 2003
Posted on 2013-01-29
hi i have the following domain so far in place:
- windows 2003 ad/dns/dhcp/sp2/admin.pak/suptools server - installed as a 'dc'
- file print/ftp server & sp2 - no admin.pak or suptools installed on this member server
- xp deskop users
i was learning how to setup some basics of the 'ftp' feature on windows 2003, which i decided to install temporarily on my 'file printer/ftp server' as stated above!
step 1 (accessed cmd prompt)
- ftp fileprintserver - enter
- i then logged on successfully with the 'anonymous' account
- password added successfully: firstname.lastname@example.org
my instructions then advised me to open up 'ftp sites & select default ftp site',
- select properties
- select 'home directory tab'
- ticked the box for 'write' as 'read & log visits' were already ticked - but apparantely this may still not let everyone connect & write data because it is allowing 'anonymous connections' using the default account: ' iusr_fileprintserver', which is usually not recommended when allowing 'anonymous users' to be able to 'write' to the system.
- so i selected 'security account tab' - unticked - 'allow anonymous connections'
- click apply/ok.
step 2 (accessed cmd prompt)
i then repeated the process
ftp fileprintserver - enter
logged in with: administrator
password: email@example.com & tried my domain admin password - but login failed!!
qns1. does anyone know why i cannot login or should i have to install 'admin.pak/sup tools' ?