We just changed one of our AD usernames. Lets say it was originally JSMI and now it's JSMITH. This is an old account, and it once had to be truncated to fit our systems at the time. Now we're correcting that.
We've renamed it, but have an application that uses IE and passes AD authentication via the browser but it tells me it can't find JSMI. See the snippet below of the error.
Message: Failed to connect. User 'JSMI' does not belong to any group that exists in both ADSI and datasource.
We have confirmed all fields in AD reflect JSMITH. We've even used ADSI Edit to go through the account and everything is JSMITH and no longer JSMI. We don't want to delete the account and start over, but instead we want to find a fix for it.