I need to change the hostname of one of my DFS hosts. I am afraid of breaking the agreements, etc. This is one of 3 hosts, so replication can still occur in the downtime for this host.
Host1 - Win2008 Enterprise Edition
Host2 - Win2008 R2 Enterprise Edition
Host3 - Win2003 R2 Enterprise Edition
I need to change the hostname of the Host2.
My plan of attack:
- Remove DFS and FRS agreements
- Keep all data originally replicated
- Update/remove replication agreements on other hosts if necessary
- Monitor Event Viewer for any errors related to DFS/DFRS
- Remove File Services Role from Server Manager
- Change Hostname and Update DNS and ensure it resolves properly from other DFS hosts
- Add File Services role
- Create Namespace and Replication agreements
- Run manual "Replicate Now" on one of the agreements
- If good, let it roll out.
how does this plan sound? Any issue with 2003R2 or 2008 that I should expect to see?