I have a developed a web app. I’ve tested on both a windows 2003 (IIS6) and Windows 2008 R2 (IIS7) server. (The 2008 server is physically more powerful)
The code connects to a database server (different servers
On the 2008 R8 it works fine, but when it used on the 2003 server the w3wp.exe CPU usage shoots up 95% and memory usage creeps up to 800mb. It stays at these levels for a least a couple of hours.
I don’t whether this is a problem with the code in general and 2008 is just better at handling it. Or whether it’s just IIS6 causing the problems?
Any suggestions or logs that I could at to get a clue, before I put too much effort into redesigning the app.
Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated. If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why
Possible fixes for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 updating problem. Solutions mentioned are from Microsoft themselves. I started a case with them from our Microsoft Silver Partner option to open a case and get direct support from Microsoft.
This tutorial will walk an individual through locating and launching the BEUtility application and how to execute it on the appropriate database.
Log onto the server running the Backup Exec database. In a larger environment, this would generally be …
This tutorial will show how to configure a new Backup Exec 2012 server and move an existing database to that server with the use of the BEUtility.
Install Backup Exec 2012 on the new server and apply all of the latest hotfixes and service packs. The…