Solved

Drupal 7 - Change Views filter by language

Posted on 2013-01-31
2
376 Views
Last Modified: 2013-02-01
Dear experts,
I am building a multilingual web site for real estate assets.
I want to display a filter to the user that will filter a view results.

The filter selected in views is a taxonomy term (field_status) translated into three languages:
Content: Status (field_status) (translated)

Problem is that the Title and filter values of the exposed taxonomy term always stay in the default site language: English.

How can I change the language of the filter?

Thanks
0
Comment
Question by:eyal_barouk
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 

Author Comment

by:eyal_barouk
ID: 38840516
I got it to work with the translated values but now the title stay the same.
My only question is how to change the title of the filter according to language?
0
 
LVL 16

Accepted Solution

by:
HagayMandel earned 500 total points
ID: 38841872
If the user is the one that selects the site's language, enable the local module, and use the translate utility ('admin/config/regional/translate/translate'), to translate any built-in interface term (that is not already translated) into each of the additional languages.
This utility has filtration function that will help you locate the relevant terms.
0

Featured Post

Enroll in June's Course of the Month

June's Course of the Month is now available! Every 10 seconds, a consumer gets hit with ransomware. Refresh your knowledge of ransomware best practices by enrolling in this month's complimentary course for Premium Members, Team Accounts, and Qualified Experts.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article is for those that are having major problems with users upload files such as pictures to their profile. The solution is simple and has to do with correcting the directory paths. With some experimenting and testing i got it fixed. Note…
RTL (right to left) web applications aiming for audiences speaking languages like Hebrew or Arabic, are generally more complicated than the same applications aiming for audiences speaking Latin based languages. The main difference lies of course …
This is a high-level webinar that covers the history of enterprise open source database use. It addresses both the advantages companies see in using open source database technologies, as well as the fears and reservations they might have. In this…
This is my first video review of Microsoft Bookings, I will be doing a part two with a bit more information, but wanted to get this out to you folks.

717 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question