Solved

chrome not loading css

Posted on 2013-01-31
10
652 Views
Last Modified: 2013-02-01
I have a page that's fine in firefox and IE. But not right in chrome. When I use web developer extension in Chrome "Reload linked style sheet", then everything is fine. So I know that some style sheet is not loading. How do I find out which one and fix this problem?
0
Comment
Question by:xiaoyunwu
  • 5
  • 3
  • 2
10 Comments
 
LVL 30

Expert Comment

by:LZ1
ID: 38841263
Can you give us a link?
Try making your path absolute
Make sure it's in the right order from top to bottom

We really need to see the web page in order to do full troubleshooting.
0
 

Author Comment

by:xiaoyunwu
ID: 38841278
the page is not live yet.
0
 
LVL 30

Expert Comment

by:LZ1
ID: 38841291
It's going to be harder to debug without a live URL.

Show us your rendered HTML <head>
0
Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 

Author Comment

by:xiaoyunwu
ID: 38841311
I moved to live, here is the link
http://www.themailbox.com/test/test.html
0
 

Author Comment

by:xiaoyunwu
ID: 38841327
Note, when first loaded the style is off. On second, third load, the page is ok. You probably need to open incognito window every time to test it out.
0
 
LVL 30

Accepted Solution

by:
LZ1 earned 250 total points
ID: 38841335
Start here first:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.themailbox.com%2Ftest%2Ftest.html

Start on the first couple of errors. Encoding and the  Missing xmlns attribute for element html. The value should be: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
0
 
LVL 83

Assisted Solution

by:Dave Baldwin
Dave Baldwin earned 250 total points
ID: 38841363
At lines 3564 thru 3743 in the "View Source", a complete new page is included.  That alone is an error and puts things out of order.  And like @LZ1 pointed out, there are quite a few other errors.
0
 

Author Comment

by:xiaoyunwu
ID: 38841562
I can leave everything in the code same, just swap fire to www.themailbox.com and fire.themailbox.com to www.themailbox.com, then it works. Don't know why. fire is the QA server.
0
 
LVL 83

Expert Comment

by:Dave Baldwin
ID: 38841665
0
 

Author Comment

by:xiaoyunwu
ID: 38843813
finally solved the problem.
The following is the culprit.
 padding:1%;
When I took off this line, everything worked.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Subnet Calculator

The subnet calculator helps you design networks by taking an IP address and network mask and returning information such as network, broadcast address, and host range.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article describes how to create custom column layout styles for Bootstrap. The article uses 5 columns to illustrate the concept, but the principle can be extended to any number of columns.
This article discusses four methods for overlaying images in a container on a web page
In this tutorial viewers will learn how to customize the background color and font color of highlighted text using the ::selection element in CSS Begin by defining the selected text as an element in CSS by typing "::selection": Style the ::selection…
This Micro Tutorial will demonstrate how to add subdomains to your content reports. This can be very importing in having a site with multiple subdomains.

740 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question