Help on Exchange Server 2013
Posted on 2013-02-02
I am Intalling Exchange 2013 in my Test Lab Environment & I have done the following,
1. Installing 5 VM ( On Hyper-v) , One DC, One Exchange 2007 ( Hub/ Mailbox/CAS) , One CAS ( EX2k13), 2 Mailbox (EX2K13).
2. Configure the Mail flow setting for EX2K13 & through Webmail , mail flow is working fine between EX2K7 & EX2K13 -- No issue till now.
3. Both are using default cerficate-- I will installing both EX2K7 & EX2K13 Certificate through Root CA - it is Pending.
Some of my Observation & Challanges,
1. After Installing Exchange 2013 , I am not able to configure outlook profile for Exchange 2007 user & as well as Exchange 2013 - not sure where is the issue.
2. Auto discover Server has been configured in Exchange 2007 but still it is showing outlook provided ...blank , no CAS Server Bind.
3. Auto discover Service need to configure in Ex2k13 CAS Server--- it is penidng.
4. Mailbox movement between Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 - Failed ... may be it is not supported now.
My quesries below,
1. Why outlook profile not able to configure for both the Server ( Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2013).
2. How to Bind CAS Server as a outlook Provider.
3. Is there any posssiblity to Move the Mialbox from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013.
4. Any connector is required for mail flow between Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2013 ( I have created one send connector on Exchange 2013 to pointed mail flow will be happen through Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Server, hope it will delivered mail from Exchange 2013 to External.
As a short I need some guide line how much maximum we can test betwwen this two environment & what is the Limitation for co-exsistance.
Thanks in advanced.