Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 407
  • Last Modified:

Sharepoint 2007 Restore Issues

Background: Original server crashed, configured another server exactly as last one.  Created Web Site, App port, same passwords etc of backed up farm.

Prob #1  The restore has 2 errors.  Sharedservices1 cannot be restored, already exists.  There is a duplicate sharedservices1 issue.  I have tried creating a new ssp2 transferring connections to it, making it default, then deleting ssp1.  Recreating without the website I want to recover attached.  I am not sure if this was the correct procedure because then I have the next problem.

Prob#1  I was finally able to run a farm restore that returned 0 warnings, 0 errors.  But when I went to open the site there were no documents, content, structure.  Just a default web site.  The point of the restore was to recover the content.

Do not have a SQL backup, am untrained and did not know of it, nor Sharepoint Design.  If I ever get it back I know alot more today than I did 3 days ago.
Have only the spbackup from the Central Admin.  Have tried using the stsadm -o -restore -directory c:\backup -restoremethod overwrite command.  Of course, this is a crisis now.  Have worked for 3 days on issue, and read thousands of suggestions.  Need simple solution, hope it is out there.  Thanks
0
hayesie
Asked:
hayesie
  • 2
1 Solution
 
hayesieAuthor Commented:
Update - I restored successfully and have my content back.  
What I did:
-Created new SSP2
- Changed all associations to SSP2
- Made SSP2 default
- Deleted SSP1
Ran restore, completed successfully again. With no data.
- Noticed there were two Content Databases
- 1 with a site, 1 without a site
- Tried stsadm -o addcontentdb command and it returned error that there was a db with same name already.
- Deleted content db through Central Admin
Ran restore, completed successfully. And the data and contents of site are there!

I am only concerned right now with getting certain documents off of the site, so at this time I am only going to download those docs.  Later I will see about moving the site to my active Sharepoint Server.  This was all done on a standalone server.
0
 
hayesieAuthor Commented:
Did not delete SSP1 after it was recreated during restore.  But noticed that it is SSP2 that is working now, not SSP1.
0

Featured Post

Keep up with what's happening at Experts Exchange!

Sign up to receive Decoded, a new monthly digest with product updates, feature release info, continuing education opportunities, and more.

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now