Client Unable to Browse Intranet
Posted on 2013-02-04
I have a user who cannot browse the Company Intranet (can get to google about 98% of time). Was working fine on Friday. Other users in the domain are browsing just fine.
Machine is Dell Optiplex with XP Professional
Steps I have tried in troubleshooting problem:
1. From command prompt ping local loopback with success
2. From command prompt ping another host on same subnet with success
3. From command prompt ping the default gateway with success
4. From the command prompt ping webserver (by ip address) that is across the WAN with success
5. From the command prompt ping webserver (by name) that is across WAN with success
6. Check all browsers for behavior and Chrome, Firefox and IE exhibit hanging when trying to connect to internal webserver.
7. Check browser settings to make sure proxy was not set
8. Try to disable extensions that may be interferrng
9. Tried to flush dns
10. Checked to make sure static ip addressing correct
11. Tried repairing the nic (even though I can ping)
12. Type in IP address of server and the name of the server in the address bar just to try to rule out dns issue.
13. User says no software installed
I am perplexed that this machine cannot browse intranet. I can get to the outside to google, but it has also hung on a couple of occasions. Does anyone having any additional input into this problem?