Our autodiscover URL is load balance properly for users coming in from the outside using ActiveSync or Outlook Anywhere through a hardware load balancer but our internal LAN clients using Outlook just look in AD for a SCP and go to whatever method AD uses to hand out servers. I would like to load balance our internal clients also because I have a feeling whenever a user fires up Outlook, its going to the same server. We have 3 CAS servers.
I was looking at a setting on the CAS servers called AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri. I noticed it pointed to the server itself \autodiscover.com\autodiscover.xml. I tried modifying this setting in PS and it gave me an error. (Test environment) I don't recall what it was. I then used ADSIEdit to drill down to the server and then the autodiscover container. In there, you can edit the properties of the server and one of them is ServiceBindingInformation. When I changed this,
the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri changed also so I am guessing these are the same.
I was thinking of changing all 3 CAS servers to https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and then create an internal DNS record pointing to our load balancer.
But then i realized that users probably won't use DNS and will continue to go to AD for a SCP for autodiscover, so what is the best way to do this or is it already load balanced as is and I am just wasting my time.