Outlook 2010 Email Issues
Posted on 2013-02-07
I have a user that is having problems with some emails, not all, that are having problems opening.
- Emails are received, when you attempt to open them it appears blank in the preview window of Outlook.
- When you try to open the item by double-clicking, "Cannot open this item." appears.
- If you attempt to Reply or Forward the email, "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unkown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." appears.
- When you open the email in OWA, you can open the email fine, and attachments also.
- Not all emails with attachments.
- Varying attachment types (eml, pdf, xls, doc).
- Same emails are not opening on BlackBerry Bold 990 either.
- Emails are from different senders.
Rebuilt profile, repaired Outlook, and exhausted other normal troubleshooting.
I am unable to find anything online as when I search the "The operation failed....." error message, all results return links to sending emails and problems with contacts.
This problem is for items that have been received. Emails route via a POP box, and are collected by POP3 connector in SBS. Windows 7 Pro, Outlook 2010 Standard.
I look forward to hear any suggestions.
Thanks in advanced.