In LAN now we have 9 VLANs and traffic between VLANs is controlled by an router (actually is an Astaro UTM).
Because of performance problems we a thinking to move VLAN routing and access control (between VLANs) load on a switch.
So, I'm looking for some recommendations for switch model and configuration.
In short out needs are:
- switch must be capable of VLAN routing
- must have an option to control traffic between VLANs
- option for switch failover
- 24 1GB ports will be enough
- easy accessible support (brandname should be widely used - Cisco?)
- not to costly
- no stacking, PoE, uplink needs
If you need any additional data let me know.
Thanks for your help.