I am very new to Hyper-V configuration, so please forgive me if this question seems very easy and ignorant.
I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I have setup as a Hype-V server with 5 VM instances on it.
The problem I am having is with the last, (5th), VM instance. No matter what I do to manipulate the memory of the server, I still get the error message of, "Not enough memory in the system."
Here is the configuration of the server:
- 16GB available RAM on host instance at boot
- 4 VMs x 2GB RAM (static) start w/o error; each has single disk of 127GB
- 6.6 GB RAM free on host instance after starting above VMs
- 5th VM configured at either 2GB, 3GB or 4GB RAM (static) will not launch -- "Not enough memory in the system"
Here is what I have done so far to try and fix the problem with no success:
- removed File Server role so that only role installed is Hyper-V
- disabled Print Spooler service
- created / set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Virtualization\MemoryReserve at the minimum recommended (512MB)
Has anyone run into this issue? And if so, how did you rectify it. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.