One of my users was logged in at a hotel WLAN.
Now the start page does no longer work, he always gets redirected to Google.
When opening IE, there is a short display of a page
And "Welcome to The Cloud network, we are still trying to get you redirected - please wait !"
Then Google opens and not the company web site thats set as start page in IE.
What I already tried and did not
- ran virus scan, no findings
- checked extension in IE extensions manager, nothing suspicious
- reset of all IE settings
- checked hosts, no entries
- checked proxy settings, empty
- ran Hijackthis, no strange BHOs
- deactivated all extensions via IE extensions manager
- its not the router, it also happens when connected via mobile
- looked at the automatically started programs, nothing suspicious
- starting iexplore.exe with parameter -noext
(this is of course no solution)
- Installed Firefox, its not affected
The 64-bit Internet Explorer is redirected as well!
Any ideas where to look or what to look for?