NetBT Error 4321

I am receiving the following NetBT error 4321 on all of my computers in one of my domains:

The name"PAG   :0" could not be registered on the interface with IP address . The computer with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer. is the statically assigned IP address on a Netgear WNDAP350 Access point with DHCP disabled.  All of my workstations are wired.  If I unplug the access point and reboot several of the systems, the error is gone.  Plug the access point back in, reboot and the error returns.  This is a small domain that I manage and I know without a doubt I don't have any duplicate machine names or IP's on the network. I've found evidence that WINS was configured at one time on a file server but I can't find any evidence of it running now.  If I run nbtstat -n on a random selection of computers they all return similar to below:

U:\>nbtstat -n

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [] Scope Id: []

                NetBIOS Local Name Table

       Name               Type         Status
    W-PAG-001      <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
    W-PAG-001      <20>  UNIQUE      Registered

Other than the occasional "duplicate name on network" popup, this error doesn't cause any access or performance issues.  My users can access their mapped drives on the domain, they can access email, surf the internet, etc.  However, its driving me crazy because I can't figure out what is causing it.  I don't believe errors are benign and eventually this might come back and cause problems.

My DC, old file ('WINS) server, Terminal Server, and mail server are all Windows 2003 32 bit.  I deployed a new file server in November which is Windows 2008, R2, however I can trace the Net BT 4321 error to the Friday night that I deployed the Netgear device.

Any input to keep me from the rubber room would be appreciated!
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Matt DaviesCommented:
LadyTech00Author Commented:
Thanks for the input.  I resolved the problem. The IP address of the wireless router was in the pool of leases in the DCHP scope.  To fix the problem, I reconfigured the router with an address outside of the scope.  When I replaced the ancient Linksys routers I kept the same IP's without giving any thought to the fact that I had just recently increased the DCHP scope.  That's what I get for working late on Fridays!

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
LadyTech00Author Commented:
The problem was due to sloppy administration (my fault).  When I realized what was causing the issue I resolved it.

The problem was caused by assigning a static IP address to a router that was part of the DHCP scope.  Since DHCP was disabled on the router, the server was sending out error messages.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows Networking

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.