If you have run the SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer can you let me know the following:
1.Do you run it per database, or per instance.
2.Do you run it per server, or the server has several instances of SQL installed, do you have to run it however many instances , i.e. once per instance
3. How long roughly does it take to run the scans?
4. What permissions do you need to run the scans?
5. Has running a scan ever caused any issues with the instance being scanned?
6. As a DBA would you recommend not running such a scan at a given time, can you provide some examples of ideal scan times, and times to avoid?
7. Can you install the scanner remotely and scan it from say a PC, or does it need to be run locally on the same server as SQL Server.
i'd much prefer some comments from people who have actually used the tool as opposed to being directed to MS articles...