Task Scheduler Windows 2008 R2
Posted on 2013-05-10
My task scheduler is not doing what the history file for the task says it is doing. All I'm doing is copying a MySQL DB from a production server to a backup server. I'm launching a bat script which then launches a PS script. The PS script looks for the newest file in the production backup directory and copies it to the backup directory on the backup server.
The PS script works by itself. The bat script successfully launches the PS script. I can manually launch the task from CLI and from within the Task Scheduler and the backup occurs. The trigger is to run daily at 9 PM, and it is enabled. The task is set to run whether I'm logged on or not, and I've set it to run on a domain admin account.
The history tab in task properties shows that that job is successfully run every day, yet unless I manually launch the job, the copy doesn't occur.
The task runs from the production server, which is a fairly busy server as it hosts our CRM application.
The only strange thing that I notice is that when I open TS and click on the TS library, the info pane shows that the trigger is set for 9PM every day, yet "Next Run Time" is for 10PM today, and that "Last Run Time" was 10PM last night (which didn't occur).
The "Last Run Result" for the task is "The operation completed successfully. (0x0)"
The servers are in 2 different Sites and are connected by a fast WAN link, but it's obviously not a connectivity issue or I should be seeing errors in the History tab.