Can someone help me with this problem?
Many developers in all the support forums are facing this issue with IE (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
I have tried discontinuing all other tracking scripts but the result is same.
Have also tried changing the code from gaq.push … to window.location.href (basic js code for redirection). Even that failed.
Everything else is failing unless we have an alert being popped up.
I analyzed the issue. It is purely to do with evercookie. If we were to redirect to the url without evercookie, it works out smooth enough. But with evercookie, it aborts for some reason. Maybe because the evercookie is still working in the background / processing the script and we also are trying to redirect. Hence it is aborting. But when an alert is thrown and then the user clicks on it, by that time the rest of threads are freed up and then we are able to do a redirect correctly.
One simpler solution to this can be .. we store the data into a plain cookie and there we can try to retrieve the data and do a redirect. That should help / solve but then it defeats the purpose of us using evercookie.