Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of itsireland
itsireland

asked on

Macbook 2 Exchange mailboxes

Hi all,

I've got a (brand new) macbook pro of a customer. He's using mac mail. We've set up 2 exchange accounts. It now seems that only one at a time works.

They are both hosted on the same server.

I've tried (according to some other article suggestions) to switch off autodiscover but don't think that matters. It always seems when the first account is online, the other goes off. And vice versa.

Any ideas? Is this even possible? (It is on his IPhone).
Avatar of jhyiesla
jhyiesla
Flag of United States of America image

I just tried this on my Mac for two separate accounts being hosted on the same Exchange server.  It seems to work fine. I just set up the accounts manually and I don't see any issues.

Do you have them set up to be Exchange accounts and not POP accounts?  What version of Exchange?  What specifically is he seeing?
Avatar of itsireland
itsireland

ASKER

I wish I knew the version or anything as its hosted. Il not even sure where. I must check.

The logins are for different (public) domains but the same server. Thanks for trying that - the fact that that works is a good Reason to keep trying. I'm going to simply delete all the accounts and start from scratch and see then. Will keep you posted.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of jhyiesla
jhyiesla
Flag of United States of America image

Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Thanks! I'm going to have a look at it today or tomorrow - the customer was away all week. My experience is always with our own servers too so I'm not sure if the host has anything different set up. Not even sure of their exchange version, etc. Not even sure if it's a host or a "partnering" with their own exchange server. I'm going to delete all the accounts and set them up from scratch. Will let you know my findings.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the help anyway. The customer didn't come back to me so I assume issues resolved themselves.