[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 686
  • Last Modified:

Updates broke my OWA

After applying the latest round of updates, with the exception of one (IE 10 Update) none of my mobile devices or my OWA page is working. It's as if all the web services have been turned off. However, everything else is working.

I've check both internal and external urls and the error message is the same "Web page not available. Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error."

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
0
Wizard_of_Heath_Mount
Asked:
Wizard_of_Heath_Mount
1 Solution
 
R--RCommented:
did you checked the iis, www services are running.
All exchange services are running?
0
 
Wizard_of_Heath_MountAuthor Commented:
All services are running for exchange, www and IIS.
0
 
Pradeep DubeyConsultantCommented:
Can you check and list the updates you just installed?

One of them is making this issue, try to findout and uninstall that update. Everything will be good after that.

Check updates detail and findout related one (related to IIS and exchange)
0
Has Powershell sent you back into the Stone Age?

If managing Active Directory using Windows Powershell® is making you feel like you stepped back in time, you are not alone.  For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why.

 
Wizard_of_Heath_MountAuthor Commented:
Thanks for that, I will check and reboot the servers if required tonight and let you know tomorrow morning.
0
 
Ben HartCommented:
Which Exchange specific updates were installed?  You can view that by checking the Updates History on the Windows Update page.

Rollup6 for SP2 broke my web services.. but the fix was as easy as running the updatecas.ps1 script in your exchange server working directory.
0
 
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project LeadCommented:
Try running the UpdateCAS.PS1 on the CAS server and then check

- Rancy
0
 
Wizard_of_Heath_MountAuthor Commented:
Hi Guys
After checking all the updates, rollups and even running the scripts nothing seemed to work. Until I decided to go back to basics and started to strip all the additional software off the server (monitoring agents, AV, etc.). Turns out the culprit was my anti-virus. I was running kaspersky, but after trawling there user forums I read that it breaks exchange 2010, even running the version that they tell you to use had no joy. As a result it was all un-installed across the site and I'm now using Sophos.
0
 
Wizard_of_Heath_MountAuthor Commented:
The reason for accepting my own solution is in the answer its self
0

Featured Post

Easily manage email signatures in Office 365

Managing email signatures in Office 365 can be a challenging task if you don't have the right tool. CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 will help you implement a unified email signature look, no matter what email client is used by users. Test it for free!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now