I am trying to update the IOS of a Cisco 515e PIX. I set up an isolated connection from the network for the off chance it might cause some kind of interference. I keep getting an error like this:
: Timed out attempting to connect"
I also noticed that from the PC I can ping the PIX but from the PIX I cannot ping the PC if that makes sense.
I am using a PC using XP to connect through it using HyperTerminal. I am also using SolarWinds as my TFTP server on the same computer. Here is the Step by step procedure I did:
1. Set up both systems isolated from the network.
2. Connected the PC to the pix with a console cable to the serial port and console port.
3. Connected the PC to the PIX with a straight Through cable using the ethernet1 port.
4. Gave the PIX and PC a 192.168.16.1 and 192.168.16.2 IP address respectively.
5. Installed the TFTP server and moved the pixxxx.bin file to the root folder of the tftp server.
6. Ran the TFTP server, and made sure the main folder was the correct one.
7. Using HyperTerminal I ran the "copy tftp flash" command
And thats when I get the error. Any Ideas?