Solved

server 2003 exchange errors email not working

Posted on 2013-05-16
2
500 Views
Last Modified: 2013-05-23
Hi im running windows server 2003 and as of lately the email stopped working. In my windows event logs under Applications I have erroe 3005 that has came up hundreds of times. The description says "Unexpected Exchange mailbox server error. Server:{server1.UnitedElevatorCorp.local} then the users email addres.HTTP status code [503]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly."also the source of the error is "server Activesync.  I had the same problem yesterday with no email and I restarted the server and the email started working, but when I re started the server this morning the email didnt start working.  I also got 1 error "1003"  and the source was MSExchangeIS, saying "the disk is full for database  "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store(SERVER1)".  Attempting to unmount the database.    
        If there are any suggestions on how to fix this and get my email back working it would be greatly appreciated.
0
Comment
Question by:jhillbos
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 
LVL 11

Accepted Solution

by:
hecgomrec earned 500 total points
ID: 39174601
It looks to be you have run out of space on your disk to hold the Mailbox Store.

You may have three possible solutions:

1. Add another hard disk and increase the size of the current volume, try to mount the database and fix.repair if necessary.

2. Add another hard disk, Create another Storage Group on that hard disk and move some mailboxes there, specially the big ones.

3.  If you already have available space on another disk just create a Storage Group there and move few mailboxes there.

Try mounting the store after that to see if that helps!

Now about the ActiveSync errors, these are produced by devices trying to sync something you are having issues on the setup.  Most of the time is the Address Book.  Try changing the settings on the user's device and turn off everything but emails, keep trying syncing and the settings until the error pops again to find the offender.
0

Featured Post

NFR key for Veeam Agent for Linux

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license for one year.  It allows for the non‑production use and valid for five workstations and two servers. Veeam Agent for Linux is a simple backup tool for your Linux installations, both on‑premises and in the public cloud.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article explains how to install and use the NTBackup utility that comes with Windows Server.
A couple of months ago we ran into an issue that necessitated re-creating our Edge Subscriptions. However, when we attempted to execute the command: New-EdgeSubscription -filename C:\NewEdgeSub_01.xml we received an error indicating that the LDAP se…
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an antispam), the admini…
There are cases when e.g. an IT administrator wants to have full access and view into selected mailboxes on Exchange server, directly from his own email account in Outlook or Outlook Web Access. This proves useful when for example administrator want…
Suggested Courses

632 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question