?
Solved

iphone not connecting to exchange via 3g

Posted on 2013-05-17
5
Medium Priority
?
561 Views
Last Modified: 2013-05-17
we allowed our domain name to lapse with Network Solutions  registrar.

as a result all of our dns records (on file with telepacific.com) ended up
on the 208.91.197.x network...
Email, websites and so on stopped working

wednesday at 6pm we resolved our problems with Network Solutions..
gradually, email is being received again from most email servers.

however... I-phones cannot connect to our Exchange 2003 server thru 3g .
They are on an at&t plan.

when i do an
nslookup and point to a server that should be the main att dns server for at&t
(which i got form doing a google search of "at&t dns servers)
  the responses for our records appear to be correct

nslookup
server 68.94.156.1
set type=A
mailmx.ourdomain.com

the response--is correct

Can anyone help solve the i-phone problem: "Cannot get mail ..connection to server failed"
0
Comment
Question by:edharris
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
5 Comments
 
LVL 17

Assisted Solution

by:Chris Millard
Chris Millard earned 300 total points
ID: 39173984
Instead of putting the server name into the iPhone, does it work if you use the IP address of the Exchange server?
0
 
LVL 76

Assisted Solution

by:Alan Hardisty
Alan Hardisty earned 1200 total points
ID: 39173989
Make sure you set the correct IP address in DNS for the FQDN you are using to point your mobile phones to your Exchange server e.g., mail.domain.com.

Also mobiles can take 24 hours to start working after an IP address change, so it may be a case of waiting.

Use the test site at https://testexchangeconnectivity.com to run the Activesync test and see what the results are, they should give a big clue why things are not right.

Is port 443 open and forwarded on your firewall properly?

Alan
0
 
LVL 76

Accepted Solution

by:
Alan Hardisty earned 1200 total points
ID: 39173991
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:edharris
ID: 39174208
thanks everyone.... the passage of time solved problem...
dns propagation, i guess.
messages are now being pushed to the i phones
0
 
LVL 76

Expert Comment

by:Alan Hardisty
ID: 39174280
Excellent - always annoying when you have to wait 24 hours after an IP change for the phones to catch up!

Glad it is working.

Alan
0

Featured Post

Veeam Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure

Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure is a FREE solution designed to simplify and automate the setup of a DR site in Microsoft Azure using lightweight software-defined networking. It reduces the complexity of VPN deployments and is designed for businesses of ALL sizes.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article will help to fix the below error for MS Exchange server 2010 I. Out Of office not working II. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" III. Make Internal URLs and External…
I don't pretend to be an expert at this, but I have found a few things that are useful. I hope that sharing them here will help others, so they will not have to face some rather hard choices. Since I felt this to be a topic of enough importance and…
The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability groups. The components of this video include: 1. Automatic Failover 2. Failover Clustering 3. Active Manager
This video discusses moving either the default database or any database to a new volume.
Suggested Courses

765 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question