I have two DC running in 2 different locations.
I have applied a group policy for a group of users in an OU and after applying the settings its been working all these days.
One of the settings whcih i enabled was to restrict users from using command promt but now i decided to allow users to use the command promt ; consequnelty , i wne tback to the policy and changed the "Restrict users from using command promt Policy = NOT CONFIGURED.
But the issue is after doing this GPO changes , new setting sare not being applied to the user account. The comna d promt still stays diasbled even after 2 days , i waited.
Also i when back to the policy and checked it and it is set to "NOT CONFIGURED" but the settings are not applied.
Even when i change some other settings in a existing GPO its not getting applied.
I did run GPRESULT /USER XXXXXX /V and I can see the changes were not applied too.
Please advice some trouble shooting steps to isolate this issue....