DFSR & AD Site Problem?
Posted on 2013-05-20
We have a new site w/ a file server & a separate DC. DFSR is not working on the new file server. I ran a replication group health check -- no errors but I noticed the new/problem server was listed in the wrong site. I check the DFS Management MMC and the replication connections tab shows the new server & site correctly.
I checked AD Sites and Services and DC for the new site is correct. I checked the subnet and it is associated w/ the correct site. I checked AD Users and Computers and the new file server is in the correct OU. When I run nltest /server:<FileServer> /DsGetSite the result shows the server is associated w/ the wrong site. If I run nltest /dsgetdc:<domain> the "DC site" is wrong but "Our Site" is correct.
I also checked the new file server logonserver and it is authenticating at the PDC rather than the local DC. Ran logonserver on a local workstation and it is using the local DC.
To summarize, Site 1 (PDC), Site 2 (existing site) and Site 3 (new site) are setup for DFSR. Site 1 & 2 replicate fine. Site 3 not replicating. In fact, the DfsrPrivate folder was not created. Health check Server Details shows Site 3 file server in Site 1 though MMC shows the site correctly in Site 3. Other command line tests show the Site 3 file server is using the Site 1 DC (PDC) and is in the wrong "DC Site."