I'm looking to reconfigure Exchange 2010 in a test environment, eventually with the goal to be put into production. Any help you could answer on the following would be greatly appreciated.
I plan on setting up my environment as follows:
Each tier is composed of multiple virtual servers, for a large organization type of environment.
I am able to do most of this, but have some embarrassing gaps in my knowledge:
1. Which tiers will need to have public IPs assigned? (i.e. Edge Transport, CAS)
2. Does the Edge transport interact with the CAS at all? or does it simply go straight to the Mailbox Database?
3. Will I need SSL certs for the CAS servers, or can I install them on my Load Balancer (Zen, at the moment)
4. Any additional security recommendations for the CAS / Edge servers?
5. Any recommendations or criticisms to my current model?