Office 2013 lockups
Posted on 2013-05-20
I am having an issue in Server 2012 in Office 2013 with the cursor locking up in the remote desktop session.
I am not talking about the mouse arrow, I mean the cursor EG " | "when you type.
A few things to Note.
When the cursor does lock up, if my client can press the up or down arrows, and the fonts can be seen changing to change. Like they would if the cursor was moving up and down, as the email has a few different fonts in the Signature.
No text appears if the client starts to type.
The issue seems to happen after being left for say 5 minutes then going back to the keyboard to type. My client tends to take a lot of phone calls and this issue appears after them,.
This server is a VM and does connect to SBS 2011 for it's domain controller and Exchange emails.
This issue happens on all three machines in the office,
Things I have done
I have unchecked the let LAN go to sleep settings on both the PC and the Server.
I have changed the router.
I have disabled graphics hardware acceleration in Office.
Test I am running
I have the client using word pad at the moment to see if they can replicate the issue in there to narrow the issue down to Office 2013.
This issue may be small however it is doing my head in as the client is very frustrated with it.. I am running out of ideas.
Any suggestion no matter how simple would be great!