Solved

Mail enabled public folder can't receive mail

Posted on 2013-05-21
3
726 Views
Last Modified: 2013-05-23
Hi

We recently replaced one of our elderly domain controllers, a 2003 R2 to a Server 2012, as a start in the process of upgrading all our domain controllers to Server 2012.
We currently have 3 domain controllers with following OS.
Server 2003 R2
Server 2008 R2 (PDC)
Server 2012

Removing the 2003 and joining the 2012 by standard procedure, and it went without a hiccup.

The following night we rebooted all the domain controllers, and we discovered that public folders could no longer receive mail.

We got the following error while attempting to send mail to a mail enabled public folder:

#554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message The Active Directory user wasn't found. ObjectNotFoundException: The Active Directory user wasn't found. ##

As a solution we rebooted the new 2012 DC and it began working again, a temporary solution.

Able to recreate the issue by rebooting the domain controllers, it happens every second time after a reboot.

Regards.
0
Comment
Question by:Lenblock
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
3 Comments
 
LVL 63

Accepted Solution

by:
Simon Butler (Sembee) earned 500 total points
ID: 39190177
@ Dhanukadam - don't copy and paste from MSKB - include a link instead.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2487271

I don't even think the KB article is relevant, because this isn't a replication of public folder content issue.

@ Lenblock - what servers hold the global catalog role? Those are the servers that Exchange will want to use and if you reboot the GC Exchange doesn't go looking for anotehr GC for about 30 minutes.

Simon.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Lenblock
ID: 39190214
Hi

All three of our domain controllers holds the GC.

Both posts pointed to the same solution.
The weird thing though is that the problem only arose after we implemented the new 2012 DC, which we thought to be sinner in the first place.
Renamed the old administrative group, to old_groupname, and have not had any troubles since.

Thnx!

Redgards.
0

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Last week, our Skyport webinar on “How to secure your Active Directory” (https://www.experts-exchange.com/videos/5810/Webinar-Is-Your-Active-Directory-as-Secure-as-You-Think.html?cid=Gene_Skyport) provided 218 attendees with a step-by-step guide for…
Did you know that more than 4 billion data records have been recorded as lost or stolen since 2013? It was a staggering number brought to our attention during last week’s ManageEngine webinar, where attendees received a comprehensive look at the ma…
The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability groups. The components of this video include: 1. Automatic Failover 2. Failover Clustering 3. Active Manager
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…

733 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question