• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 2778
  • Last Modified:

MS Access 2010 - Runtime Error 2587 on certain output formats

My organization is rolling out Office 2010 to pc's, and a recently upgraded group of users is experiencing problems with this command in Access 2010:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, strRpt, acFormatRTF, , , , strSubject, strMsg, True

This command generates runtime error 2587 "Microsoft Access can't complete the Output operation".

Their references are all okay - nothing is broken or missing.  My team works with Access db development, and the error does not occur on our pc's.   Notably, when we modify the command line to acFormatPDF, it works correctly for the user group.  For the time being though, we have users in both 2003 and 2010, and 2003 does not have the PDF format built in, so we need to figure out where the source of this issue is.

Any recommendations on what we can look at?  

Thanks in advance.
0
rl_floydian
Asked:
rl_floydian
1 Solution
 
pdebaetsCommented:
You may want to look at http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm to get your Access 2003 reports to print to PDF.

For the 2587 error, please see this thread: http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/OutputTo-err-2587-t1553994.html
0
 
rl_floydianAuthor Commented:
Thanks.  The Lebans solution has been helpful for us in the past, and we're glad to be getting away from 2003 since the code is a bit bulky to implement in multiple databases.

Good find on that solution too.  Here's the line that helped me out the most.  It just needed a jump start:

"I fixed it by opening the report in report view (I suspect print preview act the same) and clicking on the export to Word button on the default Access "External Data" tab.

This forced some MS Office configuration procedure to begin."
0
 
MelissaSCommented:
I too am suddenly having this problem  I am using Access 2010 and have a button that is running a macro to export a report to a *.rtf file.  I need it do be an rtf file, not a pdf.  I worked on Feb 26, 2016 and today the same macro is not working.  I tried to get around it by print previewing the report and then exporting to Word.  It does bring up a Configuration Process for Office 2010), however it gets part way thru that and that that fails. Since the process worked a little over a month ago and doesn't today, I've been assuming that a Microsoft update came down that broke it.  I had another ms update come down a month ago that broke something else.  Then I had found that the update (KB3085515) had been taken down from the update site because of problems.  Today though I've gone thru every update that has come down since 2/26 and have found nothing that has said it causes this problem.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now