Problem bringing a user back from the dead
Posted on 2013-05-22
I have a user that left the company. The user's account was deleted and the mailbox was left disconnected. However, we need to reconnect this mailbox to the user. So, I did the following:
1) Recreated the user's account with the same name
2) Connected the mailbox to the newly created account
3) Logged into the new account and attempted to setup Outlook 2010. I went through the normal setup of a mailbox and at the very end of the process got the following message: "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or the Exchange server is down for maintenance."
Here are the things that I know for sure:
1) The Exchange server is running just fine at 100%
2) I can log into the newly created account
3) I have given the user full rights to the mailbox
4) I have given the user full send as permisions
5) I tried opening the mailbox using my account, and was also unsuccessful
I am fairly convinced that this is a permisions issue somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get this box to open up.