• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 211
  • Last Modified:

Russian chars being rendered as garbarge in Cutesoft Editor

I am trying to read Russian Chars stored in a utf8_general_ci database into a Cutesoft editor.  I can write to the database with the editor and write to a webpage the Russian language accurately.  But, when the Russian language is brought back in for editing in the editor it is scrambled.  I have tried every variation of encoding in the webpage I can think of.  Nothing is working.  

http://www.rptadmin.com/T2/admin/webpages/default2.asp  This link takes you to a page that shows very simply the problem: instance of editor with Russian messed up and below it a textarea with the same field printed in the textarea correctly.   Right now all encoding has been removed.  

Thank you  in advance for your assistance.
0
vmoore99
Asked:
vmoore99
1 Solution
 
vmoore99Author Commented:
I give up.  I installed TinyMCE last night and in 15 minutes all the issues I had with cutesoft went poof.  For what ever reasons I could not Cutesoft to understand the issue and accept that the issue was with their editor even after multiple attempts to demonstrate the flow to and from the database.  I had spent days working with them.  They also had a entry on their forum detailing the exact issue with no real solution.  Multiple instances would also created havoc in firefox and there was an ongoing  conflict with the security I had on the webpages.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now