How to evaluate a SEO advisor
Posted on 2013-05-23
We currently try to improve our website (IT Recruitment Platform) in SEO-Terms and are now at the point where we decided to hire a SEO-Specialist.
We would like your opinions about some points offered:
- creation of an urllist.txt for bing
Is bing big enough for the effort?
- keyword tag optimization
Aren't those pretty useless now? Or am I wrong?
- Alexa submission
Is this useful? What does it do?
- photosharing on sites like flickr.com/fotki.com/fotolog.com to create backlinks
Is this sensible for an IT recruitment firm?
- videosharing on sites like youtube/metacafe etc to create backlinks
Again is this sensible?
- write articles for squidoo to create good backlinks
These backlinks won't have much relevance to our business, do they still help?
- submission into high pr directories (pr8 to pr3)
What do we have to know to be sure that those directories are serious?
- Make high-quality links through Yahoo! Answers
This site is garbage and home to internet-trolls as far as I know. Does it still make for a good link generating website though?
- Video Sharing back links (new videos in 100 different websites)
I don't see much relevance between those sites and our webpage. Or does any click count even if it's unrelated?
All in all I'm quite skeptical about the whole generating back links thing on all these unrelated websites. However I need more than a hunch to vote for or against this seo advisor.
Any feedback and maybe questions we should ask to find out if he knows what he's doing would be much appreciated!