debug vs non-debug executable
Posted on 2013-05-28
I complie my C/C++ application in 2 ways
1. make (it creates a file in ../x86_64/bin/executable)
2) make debug (it creates a file in ../x86_64/bin-debug/executable)
When I go to my cluster, I saw the executable that matches ../x86_64/bin-debug/executable
1) What is the difference between debug and non-debug executables ?
2) why we need two different.
3) I tried overwriting the debug executable on cluster with non-debug one and some results were unpredictable even though its same code flow. not sure why?