Solved

DFSR - The content set was not found

Posted on 2013-05-29
5
2,631 Views
Last Modified: 2013-06-03
Having trouble w/ DFSR on one server. The problem server is a Hyper-V machine running Windows Server 2012. Others are 2008 & 2003.

After the replication group is created, the good servers generate the DfsrPrivate folder and start replicating. The problem server never generates the DfsrPrivate folder (no, it's not hidden). I checked the log and it is full of these errors:

328 SRTR 969 [WARN] SERVER_EstablishSession Failed to establish a replicated folder session. connId:{72E65703-9E11-4962-BE59-53E7CFF876B0} csId:{10EE860C-35A0-4C71-B4D3-233094D0166C} Error:
 + [Error:9028(0x2344) UpstreamTransport::EstablishSession upstreamtransport.cpp:808 328 C The content set was not found]
 + [Error:9028(0x2344) OutConnection::TransportEstablishSession outconnection.cpp:510 328 C The content set was not found]
 + [Error:9028(0x2344) OutConnection::TransportEstablishSession outconnection.cpp:454 328 C The content set was not found]

Is there a way to fix the error "the content set was not found"? Or is this a red herring? Any help appreciated.
0
Comment
Question by:alleyslair
  • 3
5 Comments
 

Author Comment

by:alleyslair
ID: 39207936
Any help out there for DFSR?  I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling DFS.  I'd like to make sure nothing remains after the uninstall.  Anyone have guidance for post uninstall cleanup of files & registry keys?
0
 

Author Comment

by:alleyslair
ID: 39208186
I am also seeing this every hour...

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-DFSN-Server/Admin
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DFSN-Server
Date:          5/30/2013 9:47:24 AM
Event ID:      516
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Operational
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      server
Description:
DFSN service has started performing complete refresh of metadata for namespace dfs. This task can take time if the namespace has large number of folders and may delay namespace administration operations.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
alleyslair earned 0 total points
ID: 39216891
Haven't had a single response so I went ahead w/ the uninstall.  

If anyone else ever has this problem and can't find a better fix...I removed the namespace server, uninstalled DFS/DFSR, rebooted, via cmd deleted sysvol\dfsr on all volumes (this took a bit of renaming since the filenames were "too long"), reinstalled DFS/DFSR and recreated the namespaces and replication groups.  It is working for now.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Postgres Monitoring System

A PHP and Perl based system to collect and display usage statistics from PostgreSQL databases.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

You might have come across a situation when you have Exchange 2013 server in two different sites (Production and DR). After adding the Database copy in ECP console it displays Database copy status unknown for the DR exchange server. Issue is strange…
OfficeMate Freezes on login or does not load after login credentials are input.
This tutorial will walk an individual through locating and launching the BEUtility application to properly change the service account username and\or password in situation where it may be necessary or where the password has been inadvertently change…
This tutorial will walk an individual through the process of transferring the five major, necessary Active Directory Roles, commonly referred to as the FSMO roles from a Windows Server 2008 domain controller to a Windows Server 2012 domain controlle…

713 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question