Senerio: Two exchange 2003 servers one Domain.
- Both exhange servers are domain controllers.
DC - First Domain Controller on Domain, first Exchange 2003 Server.
DC1 - Second Domain Controller on Domain, second Exchange 2003 Server.
I am trying to shut down the first DC and still be allowed to send emails with DC1 and not have to use the first DC.
What I've done so far:
- I've removed DC (First Exchange Server) from the administrative group by doing the following..
- Replicated all public folders to another server (DC1)
- Rehome the Offline Address Book folder from DC to DC1
- Changed the server that is responsible for generating the Offine Address List, from DC to DC1.
- Rehome the Schedule+Busy folder from DC to DC1
- Rehome the Organization Forms folder from DC to DC1
- Rehome the Recipient Update Service from DC to DC1
- Designate another server to be the routing group master from DC to DC1
- Rehome connectors to another server from DC to DC1
- Moved mailboxes to another server from DC to DC1
- Removed the first Exchange Server by uninstalling Exchange
My issue is I still need to have DC running in order for my mail to go out and I'm not sure why that is.
When I send an email out, it leaves my Outlook and goes into the queue on DC1 and just
sits there. It never connects to send the email.
As soon as I turn on DC the email goes out, so something is still be routed through DC and I'm not sure what it is.
Can someone please help me!?? Thanks!!
Children's Heart Center, NV.