I have several identical servers for which I just recently purchased RAM from ebay.com Short story, the RAM doesn't work.
Did I purchase the wrong type of RAM, or are the DIMMS faulty?
1. I used ebay.com
2. They were shipped without anti static protection in a plain cardboard box without bubble wrap
3. My mobo documentation is here: ftp://support:%email@example.com/S2881/S2881_101.pdf
4. The ebay listing is here: http://bit.ly/12rrcMK
5. Here is a link to my currently installed RAM (which works)
6. Here is a newegg link to the non-working RAM which was purchased on ebay
The servers work with the old RAM. If I replace the old RAM with the "new" RAM, I never get to the BIOS screen. If I mix the old and new RAM, BIOS boots through, but Windows XP PRO x64 blue screens during the Windows logo screen and resets.
Help please and thank you.