Exchange 2010 covert VM hyper-v 2012
Posted on 2013-06-05
We are planning to virtualize our existing Exchange 2010 server (CAS, HT, Mailbox).
The virtualization platform we are using is Hyper-V 2012 on an Windows-Server 2012.
We are planning to convert the physical server with microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager offline to a hyper-v machine.
What we are planning to do:
- Backup exchange2010 (Image, Clone of Data-Set)
- Set exchange2010 databases offline
- Shutdown exchnage2010
- Offline P2V conversion of Partition c: (Program Files and Transaction Logs) to VHD
- Offline P2V conversion of Partition d: (Mailbox-Databases)
- Create new virtual machine on hyper-v, use C:-vhd for C: and d:-vhd as secondary Partition
- Start VM and install drivers and so on
- Set Exchange Databases online
- Test exchange
Can we do it this way?
Has anybody done this already and can give me a hint on how to do this?
Thanks for your help!