Users connect from their Win7 x32 Desktops onto a XenApp6.5 Farm running on Server2008R2. We have a print server with HP 4050, 4100 and 4250 printers and we use HP Universal Printing PCL5 drivers for 4050 and 4100. We use the HP LaserJet 4250 PCL5e for the 4250 printers. These drivers are also installed on the Citrix Terminal Servers.
On a random basis many times a day with many users:
- No printers at all are mapped into the Citrix session, or
- a random selection of printers are mapped into the user session, or
- all printers are mapped into the user session.
We have the following Citrix policies configured for all users:
- Auto-create client printers: Auto-create all client printers
- Automatic installation of in-box printer drivers: Disabled
- Client printer names: Standard printer names
- Client printer redirection: Allowed
- Default printer: Set default printer to client’s main
- Direct connection to print servers: Disabled
- Printer auto-creation event log preference: Log errors and warnings
- Printer driver mapping and compatibility: <List used for “XPS Document
Writer”, and the like
- Printer properties retention: Retained in user profile only
- Universal driver preference: <XPS, EMF, PCL5c, PCL4, PS>
- Universal print driver usage: Use universal printing only if
requested driver is unavailable
Can you please help me out with this issue?