Windows SBS 2011
I've got a strange issue. I've got some computers that I deleted from the SBS for re-imaging, and then tried to bring them back online with the same name. The SBS balked at this, so I changed the names, and they went fine.
However, while the machines names have changed, they still have DNS entries for those old names that aren't being released over 48 hours later. I've done the following:
-flushdns on clients and servers
-dnscmd /clearcahe on SBS
-cleared the cache from the DNS server GUI
-verified no entries in hosts or lmhosts
The secondary DNS is an off-net DNS server to allow machines to still get on to the internet if a local DNS problem existed. There can be no caching of these DNS entries from a secondary server.
Not sure what else to look at. I can still do nslookups on names that have not bene used for a while now.