Choosing the right backup solution for your organization can be a daunting task. To make the selection process easier, ask solution providers these 10 key questions.
To configure a VLAN on the portgroup using the VMware Infrastructure/vSphere Client:
1. Click the ESXi/ESX host.
2. Click the Configuration tab.
3. Click the Networking link.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the virtual switch / portgroups in the Ports tab and click Edit.
6. Click the General tab.
7. Assign a VLAN number in VLAN ID (optional).
8. Click the NIC Teaming tab.
9. From the Load Balancing dropdown, choose Route based on originating virtual port ID.
10. Verify that there is at least one network adapter listed under Active Adapters.
11. Verify the VST configuration using the ping command to confirm the connection between the ESXi/ESX host and the gateway interfaces and another host on the same VLAN.
Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.
Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.