• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 5792
  • Last Modified:

Outlook 2013 search not working

I upgraded my PC to Office 2013 some months ago, this was upgraded from Office 2010.

I now find that the search does not work on the inbox in Outlook, any other folder is fine. This is really frustrating as i get so many emails each day, i even have to resort to logging into OWA to find an email.

I've already disabled search of Outlook and then enabled, also disabled search and enabled in programs and features but to no avail, i've also uninstalled office and reinstalled.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
afflik1923
Asked:
afflik1923
  • 2
1 Solution
 
Blue Street TechLast KnightsCommented:
Hi afflik1923, welcome to EE!

Method 1:
Give it time to fully sync and properly index first off.
If still fails proceed to next Method.

Method 2:
Go into the indexing options from within Outlook instead of through the control panel.

In Outlook 2013 > File > Options > Search > Indexing Options > Modify > uncheck Outlook. Your search should work now. Go back & start to rebuild the index.
If still fails proceed to next Method.

Method 3:
Check to see whether you have missed the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Search\ProtocolHandlers\Mapi15

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{2027FC3B-CF9D-4ec7-A823-38BA308625CC}

Also, remove from Index and add in Index again then Reboot.

Control Panel: Uninstall Programs, select MS 2013 and click change. Add Key (never asked during setup). Reboot.

Control Panel: Uninstall Programs, select MS 2013 and click change. Repair. Reboot.
If still fails proceed to next Method.

Method 4:
I had the same problem on one machine and did this to fix it:

Go to Outlook Settings (File / Options)
Go to the Search settings
Click on "Indexing Options"
Click "Modify..." and deselect Microsoft Outlook
Click Close to dismiss dialog box and exit Outlook
After a short while restart Outlook (in other words, make sure Outlook was completely closed before restarting it again)
Repeat steps 1 to 4, but this time re-select Microsoft Outlook and close this dialog
Outlook should now start re-indexing and search worked from that time on (a bit slow at first, since it is still re-indexing).

Let me know how it goes.
0
 
afflik1923Author Commented:
Thanks method 4 fixed this for me
0
 
Blue Street TechLast KnightsCommented:
Glad I could help! Thanks for the points.
0
 
BC1573Commented:
I tried scanning the OST, rebuilding the index and several other suggestions out there that didn't work. Method 4 worked for me as well. Thanks!
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now