Xerox WorkCentre 6605 setting up email scanning
Posted on 2013-06-08
How do I setup Email scanning in my Xerox WorkCentre 6605 setting. I know I do the following:
1. At your computer, open a Web browser, type the IP address of the printer in the address field,
then press Enter or Return.
Note: If you do not know the IP address of your printer, see Finding the IP Address of Your
Printer on page 30.
2. Click Properties.
3. In the left pane, under Protocols, click Email Settings.
4. Type the following information:
• Next to Enter the "From" Email Address, type an appropriately formatted email address to
appear in the From field of emails from the printer.
• For SMTP Server (IP Address or DNS Name), type the IP address or DNS name of the
If you do not know the IP Address or DNS Name of the SMTP server, click Auto Detect
• For SMTP Port, type the default port number of 25 for SMTP, or select a number from the
5. Select an Authentication Type.
Note: Ensure that the authentication type is compatible with your SMTP server.
6. If authentication is required, enter a valid SMTP Login Name for the SMTP Server.
7. If authentication is required, enter a valid password for the SMTP server.
8. Re-enter the password.
9. Scroll down, then click Save Changes.
But it fails to connect when I put SMTP login namen and password. What goes in these fields? Thanks.