Hi, I've got a MS 2011 SBS running exchange 2010.
Backup exec keeps failing on a verification on a few log files.
It seems that the logs are being removed, except for a few on the 10/06/13.
I've seen a section about enabling Circular Logging, but warnings coming with this.
I'm after some advice on if this is worth doing. Or just manually delete the the logs.
from other forum,
To do this, you want to follow the following proceedure:
1. Turn on Circular Logging on the database with the corrupt Transaction Logs.
2. Dismount the database to allow Circular Logging change to take effect
3. Either wait the 90 seconds for Transaction Syncing to auto occur, or you can manually restart the information store service to allow the change to happen immidiately.
4. Remount the database.
5. Check the Transaction Logs they should now be cleared with the exception of the last 3 or 4 logs Exchange needed in order to remount the database.
6. Turn off Circular logging. (This will allow the logs to restart with a new sequencing)
7. Repeat steps 2 - 4
8. Run a Full backup
Backups should now be successful