Ok, I know someone asked this already, but everything suggested in the last one I checked did not work for me. I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 8 and tried connecting it to the internet. Immediately, I noticed that the speeds were painfully slow compared to every other device in my household. Here's some basic information to get you started:
System information: Acer Aspire R7-517 Series touchscreen laptop
Running Version of Windows: Windows 8 Pro (Upgraded from the built-in basic version)
Internet type: Cable Internet, promised speeds of 15Mb/s Download and 5MB/s Upload, Wireless network (No Ethernet plug available on notebook)
Now, I've spent the last three doing a myriad of suggested changes in order to help my system.
Minimum Power Consumption setting disabled.
Changed the driver for my wireless card to the Windows 7 release.
Changed bandwidth limit in Group Policy Editor.
Disabled adapter's ability to disabled on low battery life.
Nothing seems to work for me, giving me speed test results that look like this:
Sometimes the connection to my wireless network disables itself and says that it can't connect to the connection for some god forsaken reason.
I'm at a loss for what I can do, especially since I have zero experience with Windows 8 besides the basic navigation.