Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 877
  • Last Modified:

HP Thin Clients t5325

a client of mine has 3 thin clients that have software on them that is no longer needed and would like to just use them to connect to the internet. Is there a way to reset them to factory settings? i just need them to connect to a browser.

thanks
JerseyGiant
Asked:
JerseyGiant
2 Solutions

iammorrisonCommented:
You can obtain the image from HP.com just like you would a driver. The utility you download creates a bootable USB key that will flash the unit and restore the embedded OS to factory settings.

JerseyGiantAuthor Commented:
oh. Great !!  now will factory setting allow me just basic access to the internet?

iammorrisonCommented:
Well it would, but what do you mean by "basic access to the internet"? it would load the OS as normal and have IE ready to go... Are you wanting to add restrictions or enable kiosk mode?
[Video] Create a Disruption-Free Workspace

Open offices have their challenges. And Sometimes, it's even hard to work at work. It's time to reclaim your office and create a disruption-free workspace. With the MB 660, you can:

-Increase Concentration
-Improve well-being
-Boost Productivity

no just IE ready.. im at the HP site,. which program do i load the Bios , Operating system?

stevepoCommented:
You would want to download the "Operating System":

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4063704&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4063703&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4030

Be aware that the HP site is showing a download for HP ThinPro (Linux based Operating System) for that model.  If your thin client is currently running Windows / Windows Embedded you may consider contacting HP as to how to obtain the files required for re-imaging.

ok,. thanks !!

excellent response time

Featured Post

Meet the Family that is Made for Collaboration

The TeamConnect Family product group as part of the Sennheiser for Business Portfolio comprising high-quality, technically well-conceived meeting solutions for business communication – designed for any meeting room and any meeting situation.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now