Solved

HP Thin Clients t5325

Posted on 2013-06-12
Last Modified: 2013-06-28
a client of mine has 3 thin clients that have software on them that is no longer needed and would like to just use them to connect to the internet. Is there a way to reset them to factory settings? i just need them to connect to a browser.

thanks
Comment
Question by:JerseyGiant
7 Comments

LVL 4

Accepted Solution

by:
iammorrison earned 250 total points
ID: 39241055
You can obtain the image from HP.com just like you would a driver. The utility you download creates a bootable USB key that will flash the unit and restore the embedded OS to factory settings.

Author Comment

by:JerseyGiant
ID: 39242553
oh. Great !!  now will factory setting allow me just basic access to the internet?

LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:iammorrison
ID: 39242817
Well it would, but what do you mean by "basic access to the internet"? it would load the OS as normal and have IE ready to go... Are you wanting to add restrictions or enable kiosk mode?
Complete VMware vSphere® ESX(i) & Hyper-V Backup

Capture your entire system, including the host, with patented disk imaging integrated with VMware VADP / Microsoft VSS and RCT. RTOs is as low as 15 seconds with Acronis Active Restore™. You can enjoy unlimited P2V/V2V migrations from any source (even from a different hypervisor)

Author Comment

ID: 39244123
no just IE ready.. im at the HP site,. which program do i load the Bios , Operating system?

LVL 6

Assisted Solution

by:stevepo
stevepo earned 250 total points
ID: 39262596
You would want to download the "Operating System":

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4063704&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4063703&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4030

Be aware that the HP site is showing a download for HP ThinPro (Linux based Operating System) for that model.  If your thin client is currently running Windows / Windows Embedded you may consider contacting HP as to how to obtain the files required for re-imaging.

Author Comment

ID: 39283917
ok,. thanks !!

Author Comment

ID: 39283920
excellent response time

Featured Post

What Is Threat Intelligence?

Threat intelligence is often discussed, but rarely understood. Starting with a precise definition, along with clear business goals, is essential.

Join & Write a Comment

Suggested Solutions

Upper back Pain: My back hurt for months. Upper back, mostly my neck, spine and across my shoulder blades. I was getting headaches too, that felt like they were caused by tension in my shoulders, but now I feel fine! I'm sharing this hoping someone…
Stuck in voice control mode on your Amazon Firestick?  Here is how to turn it off!!!
Excel styles will make formatting consistent and let you apply and change formatting faster. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to use Excel's built-in styles, how to modify styles, and how to create your own. You'll also learn how to use your custo…
You have products, that come in variants and want to set different prices for them? Watch this micro tutorial that describes how to configure prices for Magento super attributes. Assigning simple products to configurable: We assigned simple products…

744 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

14 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now