Webcam won't display video on Windows 7
Posted on 2013-06-13
I recently purchased the Logitech c920 Pro HD Webcam for my desktop PC. After installing the required software and letting windows search, find and install updated drivers, the webcam doesn't display any video. It is just a black screen.
I went through the following troubleshooting steps, but have not been able to fix it.
1) I uninstalled the drivers and software, restarted the PC and tried again. = FAILED
2) I uninstalled the drivers and software, and had Windows find the best drivers. = FAILED
3) I downloaded a different version of the software/drivers, as advised by Logitech Support = FAILED.
4) I tested another webcam on my PC. The Microsoft Notebook LIFECAM. - this webcam also failed to display any video.
5) I tested the new Logitech c920 webcam on my laptop = WEBCAM WORKED.
6) Updated my motherboard drivers and USB drivers. Reinstalled the webcam software/drivers = FAILED.
7) I even tried testmycam.com and found that while it detected the correct webcam, there was no image.
So I believe the problem is a conflict happening between my PC and the webcam drivers, but do not know how to fix this.
I should also state, that the Logitech Software correctly identified the webcam. In device manager under Imaging it correctly identifies the driver with no error messages/icons.
My PC configurations is as follows:
* Windows 7 (service pack 1)
* Intel dual core 3.1Ghz
* Asus Motherboard
* RAM 8GB
* 2x 1TB HDD